The request from Electro Adda, a leading manufacturer and distributor of electric motors, was to speed up the process of sending and receiving their products.
The biggest problem was the nameplate data (the only way they could identify each motor, each one had technical data on it), which was not clearly visible and therefore difficult to read and trace.
It was also impossible for them to identify products before they were marked, i.e. directly by the supplier.
When analysing the complete flow, the characteristics of the products and the environment, it was decided to use RFID technology.
The system we have decided to implement is as follows:
- Identification + outsourced printing (products arrive at the company already labelled by suppliers)
- Departmental logistics for tracking products within the factory
- Inbound and outbound management. All this without having to search for barcodes by hand
- Item finder, an application that allows items to be searched for via handheld RFID devices even before they are catalogued with number plate data (previously they used simple paper tags)
Identifying the right hardware for this type of product was not easy: in addition to the metal application, the label had to be small with a reading performance of 1 meter.
Thanks to InfinityID, we are able to track the entry and exit of products, reducing errors, increasing control and improving daily operations.
The benefits of our application were obvious:
- Tracking of the entire supply chain, directly from the supplier
- Full management of incoming and outgoing product shipments
- Optimisation of the time taken to identify products
INFINITYID LOGIC SUITE
InfinityID’s suite of software solutions for monitoring and traceability of any type of product and process.
Tags & Labels
TAG RFID ADHESIVE ON METAL 40X10 mm
A tag designed to be attached to metal materials, which would otherwise absorb the RFID signal.
Encoding & Reading Points
RFID HAND HELD
Portable reading devices available to operators.
Designed to resist impact, dust or dirt
InfinityID offers a set of ready-to-use applications to track your products, from factory to point of sale.